Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Santa's little helper


This is a fun thing that my sister-in-law told be about awhile ago but it has taken me this long to look into it. It is called The Elf on the Shelf. It comes with a book and with an elf who is Santa's special helper. The book explains to the kids that the elf watches the children during the day and at night he flies back to the North Pole to tell Santa how the kids are behaving. He then flies back to the house but not to the same spot so the next day the kids have to look around the house to find him. I think this will be a fun new Christmas tradition for our family. (Brandon thinks the idea of the elf coming to life at night is kind of creepy...a little Chucky-ish) but I think it will be great fun! I just ordered it last night and hope it arrives soon. It comes all the way from the North Pole so it might take a few days! :) Isn't Christmas so fun?!?

4 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Really cute!!! I have a completely random thought for you, do you remember when we use to speak "Pelopanesion???" I haven't had that thought in years, but for some reason as I was reading about your Elf On The Shelf post, that memory entered my mind. I am loony!!!

Staci Leach said...

Love it but I think at my house that Elf would be stuck near the table every night! Keep us updated!

Kristin said...

I never even got mine ordered!! I'm so add. Maybe next year!

luckyone said...

Lisa, remember, you train the children to come quietly into your room without waking you, and lie down in the sleeping bag you have carefully laid out on the floor by you bed. Around age 12 they might begin to stay in their own bed. Good luck! Somehow, this does my heart good.
Love, Mom