Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thankful


Do you ever have those days where nothing earth shattering happens but you just look around and realize how blessed you are? For some reason today has been one of those days for me. Like I said...nothing in particular happened but from the moment I got up today I have been able to look around at my life and be so THANKFUL for what I have. Even though I have tons of laundry to fold (I can always seem to put it in the washer and dryer without a problem but I HATE folding it), rooms to clean, and a ton of contractors to call I have taken some rare calm minutes to really enjoy my loved ones. I cuddled on the couch with Dallin for a few minutes today before we got ready to take him to school and went to lunch with Brandon and Megan and just reveled in watching her say 'hi' to everyone she saw and just enjoyed looking at my oh so handsome husband! In the middle of all this I decided to set a goal for myself and make a list of some of the blessings in my life and things I am thankful for. Because I am 30 years old now I decided I would make a list of 30 things I am thankful for. Here goes....
1. My wonderful loving husband
2. My children's health and safety
3. The gospel in my life
4. This beautiful country I live in
5. The Freedom from want that we enjoy
6. Our great extended family
7. Everyone (on both sides of our family) has a temple recommend. This is a wonderful blessing!
8. Miracles!! My dad joined the church and is now a Bishop!! For any of you who know this story you know that it is truly a MIRACLE!
9. Brandon loves his job. I am so thankful he enjoys the work he does.
10. Brandon's job enables me to stay at home
11. I enjoy my job. (Not that some days aren't hard but I wouldn't change it for the world.)
12. No matter how big my babies get they always fit perfectly in my arms (I hope this is always true!)
13. I married my best friend
14. I learn from my children everyday
15. Our wonderful friends!
16. I have survived the summer in Logandale and the cooler temperatures are almost here!
17. My mom!! She did everything right. I hope I can have the same effect on my kids that she had on me. She let me have my free agency but taught me what was right. I remember when I first had Dallin I thought.."Oh my gosh...he might feel about me the same way I feel about my mom." Talk about having big shoes to fill!
18. Brandon is the best father and husband in the world!!
19. My children have wonderful grandparents. What a blessing! They have wonderful examples all around them!
20. My children have amazing aunts, uncles and cousins. Again, they are all active in the gospel.. blessing!
21. Dallin loves school and is doing great! This may not seem like a huge blessing but when I think about how it would be if he didn't enjoy it I am so thankful he does!
22. Our parents have been so supportive and helpful in helping us with our dream of building or house. Thanks again!!
23. I never have to hide anything from my husband. I know he will love me and support me no matter what!
24. Modern conveniences like Tivo and cell phones...I know that this may not seem like a true blessing but aren't we so glad we have them??
25. Heavenly Father trusted me enough to give me two of the most wonderful children in the world. ( I must have done something right)
26. Our family is healthy
27. Patience...not necessarily mine but the fact that my family has patience with me!
28. The holidays are almost here! I love this time of year.
29. Megan loves to sing!! She is learning a bunch of church songs and I could listen to her sing all day.
30. I am happy!
Well..there it is. That wasn't hard at all and I hope that I can look back on this when I am having those bad days that come every now and then and remember why I am so lucky!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Lisa, this is one of the most touching posts i've ever read! It was AWESOME to read what you are greatful for... Thanks for sharring with us. I feel we should all do this often! :)

Rob & Candace Simpson said...

Lisa,Hello!! So great to hear from you! Life goes by so fast. It was so fun to look at your blog and see the happenings of your adorable family. I would love to keep in touch. I hope all is well with you.
Loves
Candace

JJ said...

Lisa what a wonderful person you are. I know feelng your Mothers shoes will not be easy, she is such a great example to me. You know we have been best friends for over 50 years. I must be doing something right to have her be part of my life. Oh by the way your #8 might seem like a miracle, but years ago I was inspired to write your Mother a letter and tell her that maybe not in this life time but on the other side your Dad would except the gosphel. I love your Parents so much and they would be on the top of my list of amost 61 years.

SUZANNE said...

You are such a sensational person. I still have the jr. and high school version of you in my head and heart, but it is clear that you are the real deal. I love reading your blog and keeping in touch. Thanks for the inspiring, touching post!

Anonymous said...

We are thankful for you! What a nice thing to do. This time of year always makes me think of the things I am grateful for.