Okay...so I know my kids are on the smallish side, especially Megan. She is 27 months old and still wears 18 month clothing (with a few 12 month clothes thrown in there). But I have never been too worried about it until I took her to the pediatrician the other day and she wants to run a bunch of tests on her! What the?? She said she is the normal weight of a one year old. She usually teeters between 20-21 pounds and the doctor wants her to be about 25-26 pounds. She wants to check her thyroid if she doesn't gain weight in the next month. She is usually a pretty good eater but she has hit the 2 year old phase where she has gotten a bit pickier. So I have come up with a few ideas on how to chunk her up a bit.
Mommy's Idea #1
PediaSure - My doctor actually recommended this one and even gave us a few sample bottles. We totally phyched her out about it and told her how cool this new drink is. It even has a BEAR on the bottle! Dallin got in on the act too and told her how much he wanted some. She was really excited about it. We put a STRAW in it (doesn't everything taste better through a straw?) and watched for her reaction...
Megan's Response - NO WAY!!! After one sip she was more than willing to share with her big brother.
Hhhmmmm....what next....
Mommy's Idea #2
Carnation Instant Breakfast - Mixed with whole milk this could help pack on some pounds. Once again I began to pump her up about an "Chocolate Ice Cream Drink" . I even put it in her Hello Kitty thermos then sat back and waited for her reaction....
Megan's Response - NOPE!! She took a few sips but after that she was done. Any time I have offered it to her since then she has rejected it...
What now?!?!......
Mommy's Idea #3
Whole Milk - Somehow after she was born she got put on Soy milk. She seemed to be having a lot of problems on her regular formula and soy milk seemed to help. So will she go for some milk?.....
Whole Milk - Somehow after she was born she got put on Soy milk. She seemed to be having a lot of problems on her regular formula and soy milk seemed to help. So will she go for some milk?.....
Megan's Response - KINDA... she doesn't like it by itself but if I mix it with some soy milk she will drink it.
While I have run out of ideas Megan has seemed to come up with one of her own...
Megan's Idea #1
COOKIES - Grandma's cookies and lots of 'em!!
COOKIES - Grandma's cookies and lots of 'em!!
Mommy's Response - whatever!
If anyone knows how to put a few pounds on a two year old let me know!
4 comments:
I vote for the cookies!! Peanut butter is a way we put a few on Brett. Peanut butter on everything.
So cute!
Loves
Im looking to take a few pounds off Molly-maybe we just swap them- I'll fatten up meggie and you can trim down molly?!?!?
I got ya on that one..But I'd say she is proportionate. Look at Mom & Dad. She looks good to me! if she was delayed maybe but she is a smarty pants! You can always do stuff like make shakes with ice cream and well.... Your a great Mom! anything you do will be right!
Post a Comment