Monday, October 27, 2008

Trick or TREAT!!

I made these way cute goody bags for Dallin's class party! I got the idea from Martha Stewart but tweaked it a little. Her original idea called for cut branches to be the broom sticks. I didn't want to go outside and cut down all the trees and I could see the branches being turned into weapons in the hands of a bunch of 1st graders, so I decided to use pretzel rods instead. I also cut the lunch bags down a little. Otherwise it would take a lot of candy to fill them up and they would have been huge! Then, I added a cute little tag with a fun saying. (I hope this gives people the hint that these are brooms, not BOMBS as my father-in-law thought!) This was such a fun project to work on and even though we won't be here for his class party (we are going to the sand dunes) I think everyone will have a wonderful time! HAPPY HAUNTING!!


2 comments:

SUZANNE said...

EXCUSE ME, Ms. Martha Stewart Jr.! How cute are these?! Love them, even the photos look magazine quality. You are too cute, and I promise I didn't forget about my Weeyums. As you know, I've just been off of the blogging scene. But, I'm back so we'll be KITing!

JJ said...

Lisa you inspire me. I'm going to try and do these for my day care kids. There so cute. Thanks for the idea.