Friday, August 22, 2008

On the home front...

Many of you have asked how the house building is going. As you can tell by the picture there is no house yet. It has been a very long process and as soon as I think we are close something else comes up. So far we have had to get a new grading plan, FEMA letter, buy flood insurance and the newest thing is that we have to put fire sprinklers in the house. Uggggg! Hopefully we will get them engineered and passed off by the county in the next couple of months and be on our way. I have never wanted to build our own house but I have to say that I am excited about it. We will be happy to be in our own house again and I think it will all be worth it. I will keep you all informed of our progress. Brandon always says that patience is a virtue I was not blessed with so please pray for me to have it throughout this process. I have a feeling I will need it.

3 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Building a house...now that's what I call exciting!!! I expect full details of all the fun stuff. For now, I hope you get past the FEMA and fire sprinklers!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! So glad you too have a blog! You will love it! The kiddies are getting so big! Good luck with your house! :)

Justin said...

What a HUGE project! But it will be soooo nice when it's done--try to think of that during moments of frustration. :) Our home, on the other hand, requires updates (and a major remodel when we can afford it) almost constantly! I guess there are benefits to building AND benefits to buying preconstructed! Can't wait to come visit when it's done!