Monday, August 25, 2008

Bitter Sweet

Today was Dallin's first day of the 1st grade and to be honest I have many different emotions about it. On one hand I am very excited that his days can be filled with something other than playing the Wii and begging for a friend to come over. And because his days are now spent at school that means my days can be spent doing things other than playing dinosaurs, board games and being a Wii cheerleader. (Who am I kidding... I will be home with Megan so that means I will be playing dolls, barbies, reading books and playing pretend cooking with her play food.) On the other hand he is my little boy and it is hard to admit that he is growing up. All day school seems so long for him and I will miss him throughout the day. I am lucky that Dallin loves school and was so excited to go today. That helped me get over my jitters. He is pretty dissapointed though that I won't let him ride the bus. (Who really wants to ride the bus to school??) So...I now join the ranks of moms everywhere who make lunches every night and then send their kids off to ALL day school. Boy, I feel old! Look at that cute boy!
Dallin is now a Bucaneer

Dallin and his teacher Miss Stratton

No comments: