Tuesday, April 21, 2009

her prized possessions

everyone who knows megan knows that she loves her binkies! she will never settle for one or two either...she needs at least 4 or 5 with her at all times. (i know i need to get her off the binkies and for the most part she just has them at night but soon i will try to get her off them completely.)

she has been really sick for what seems like the past decade or so and has been sleeping in my bed for the last couple weeks. every night i tuck her in bed along with her 5 binkies. i always ask her "which one of these binkies is mine?" she frantically grabs all her binkies and tells me that they are all hers.

but every night right before she falls asleep she reaches out in the darkness and puts one of her binkies in my hand and whispers "this one is for you mommy". i love that she is willing to share her prized possessions with me and it makes all the frustration of dealing with a sick 2 year old disappear.

2 comments:

SUZANNE said...

ah, what a heart warmer!

SUZANNE said...

Call me crazy...I'm reverting back to like my 4th grade memory...is today your birthday?!?! If not, I DO know that i am at least close! Happy Birthday Weeyums, and hopefully I have the right day! I love ya and am thinking of you today at the very least!!!