Friday, March 6, 2009

so close i can taste it!

stucco is on. we are just waiting for the rock and exterior shutters. my craft room. sorry about the specks. it is saw dust floating around in the air. YUM!!
part of my soon-to-be kitchen hood


the fireplace doors are on! stone still needs to be put on though.

stair balcony that overlooks the entry way


theater room

cabinets in the theater room. i might do red baseboards in here too. i haven't quite decided.

dallin's room is painted a steel blue color. we put this wood trim all the way around the room, except for his bed wall, and then we are going to drill screws with washers behind them in every 12 inches. the end result? it should look like industrial metal sheeting. i painted the room in a semi-gloss paint to give it more of a shiny look. a muralist is going to paint a silhouette of gotham city on his bed wall to really capture the batman theme.
megan's playroom is painted a light green. the muralist is going to paint this room like a garden.


megan's room has a light purple on the top and a darker purple on the bottom. i am going to finish it off by putting polka dots along to line where the two colors meet.



view of the stairs from the family room

the butler's pantry. now all i need is a butler! can anyone tell what my favorite color is?

the mud room bench. the picture doesn't do it justice. it is so beautiful in person.


my funky exercise room. i wanted to do something different in there and add some brighter colors. i thought it was a success until my cabinet guy asked me what went wrong in here. what the??? i am still happy with it though.





more pictures will be coming soon. things are happening really fast and it is hard to keep up but i will try to keep everyone updated.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW you guys!! Justin and I just looked at this awesome update and are so impressed with how beautiful it is turning out! We can't wait to come visit!! Justin says if the banking industry continues in the direction it is headed, he would be DELIGHTED to be your butler. :)

SUZANNE said...

So I just called Better Homes & Gardens, Martha Stewart, and House Beautiful and you have some interviews set up for next week. EXCUSE ME?! How FABULOUS is your home?! Real! I thoroughly enjoyed every last detail you shared. And you claim you aren't creatively skilled? Yeah right. I LOVE your craft room especially. I seriously am coming for a daycation one day. You and Brandon have done an amazing job and I am so happy your dream home is almost ready for move in! Way to go Weeyums! PS-SOOOOOOOO good to see you last week. For sure the highlight of the night for me!

Jed Wheeler Family said...

Wow Lisa it is just getting more and more amazing. When can I come see? I think I'm finally out of my post baby confinement phase. :)
joshlyn
By the way-the party you had for Dallin was awesome. You are the craftiest, "funnest" mom ever!

JJ said...

Lisa, My favorite color is also red. So I thought why not. I'll move in and be your butlereet ( or something like that). What a talent you have for everything.

JJ

coryfamilyblog said...

WOW! You home is beautiful!!! We are so happy for you guys!

coryfamilyblog said...

Make that... "YOUR home" not "YOU home" I think we've been out of school too long :)

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE your craft room! =0)