Monday, September 8, 2008

'Sweet' Success



For a long time now I have been telling Brandon that I will make him his favorite treat.... Cinnamon Rolls. So I finally got on the internet and searched for the best cinnamon roll recipe. CINNABON! I found a great recipe and decided to try it out. After one failed attempt...thanks to Megan for dumping a whole container of salt in while my back was turned. I should have taken pictures of it. I turned around just in time to see a waterfall of salt going into the bowl. I yelled her name and as she turned to me the salt went all over the counter and floor. Brandon thought I could just scoop out the salt. "UH...I don't really think I can scoop out a pound of salt. Thanks anyway, honey." Needless to say after I was done cleaning the mess up I wasn't really in the mood do it again. I tried again the next day though and kept a more vigilent eye on Megan. In the end I achieved 'SWEET' SUCCESS!! They tasted exactly like Cinnabon! They were so YUMMY. It didn't help though that the next day I read in a book that Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls were just about the worst thing you can eat. Oh well...it can just be a special treat every once in awhile. I will include a link for the recipe for anyone who wants to try them out. Good Eats Everyone!

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/354/Cinnabon_Rolls1576.shtml

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, these look good! and it's one of my favorite treats too! Thanks for the link to the recipe... can't wait to try it out!

:)

Blog Dog said...

I wanted a cinnamon roll really bad but I was afraid It would get in my mouth Lisa has been cooking alot of culinary delights we love the fact that Brandon, Lisa and the kids are staying with us but I surely haven't been loseing any weight.

SUZANNE said...

Loving the salt episode, and loving that Brandon thought you could just remove "a pound of salt!" HAHA! So glad you posted this with the recipe b/c I just recently found out that cinnamon rolls are one of Jeff's most favoritest treat ever! Why this is the first time I've heard this over the past 11 years is beyond me, but at least I have a good go to recipe now! Thanks Wee-"YUMS!"