
“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. “- President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001
“Today, we gather to be reassured that God hears the lamenting and bitter weeping of Mother America because so many of her children are no more. Let us now seek that assurance in prayer for the healing of our grief stricken hearts, for the souls and sacred memory of those who have been lost. Let us also pray for divine wisdom as our leaders consider the necessary actions for national security, wisdom of the grace of God that as we act, we not become the evil we deplore.”- Rev. Nathan Baxter, Dean of Washington National Cathedral
**It seems like 9/11 is not being talked about a lot today but I hope it is a day of remembrance for everyone. I can remember everything about that day and it still makes me so sad. I am thankful to live in this beautiful country and for the freedoms we have and for all those who defend that freedom everyday!
2 comments:
I'm glad that you put this on your blog. We need to remember.
I added you to my friends list too!
-joshlyn
Hey there! I just saw your blog for the first time! I'm not sure where I've been... We need to swap recipes!
Post a Comment