Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sand Dunes

What do you get when you combine sand, kids, 4-wheelers, RZR rides, dirt, family, friends, lots of candy, good food and even more sand??? The answer....a fun Halloween weekend!! We went to Dumont for Halloween and had so much fun. It is a kids paradise! Dallin was able to get on his 4-wheeler whenever he wanted and ride the dunes. Megan dug in the dirt. (Actually she would lay down in it and bury herself in it!) And Mom had to let go of her instinct to constantly clean them up. There were arts and crafts, fun games to play and a PLETHORA of candy! Look at that loot!! I am happy to say that I have limited myself to a few a day and have shared very nicely with the kids.

As I said...I had to let go of my instinct to clean them. This is Megan after rolling around in the sand along with the leftover ice cream on her face that was her lunch that day. (An explanation of her bangs will be later on.)


Dallin in his riding helmet.


Meggie playing in the sand.

Here she is in all her glory! She loves 4-wheeler and razor rides. She could ride all day and she was super brave to boot. Riding the dunes can be kind of scary (like a roller coater) so I was a little nervous at first. Leave it to my 2 year old to say "It's okay mommy" and reach out for my hand. What a sweetheart!


My handsome boy with his helmet hair!



*SIDE NOTE* The other day I went to get Megan out of the tub and noticed her bangs looked awfully short! I looked all over for scissors or a clump of hair but could not find any. After talking to everyone in the house I found out she had pulled a bag down from a shelf that had some scissors in it. Somehow she managed to cut her bangs. I am just thankful she didn't cut the sides of her hair or her finger!! So for the next little while her hair may look a little funky so bear with me! (She always keeps things exciting!)










2 comments:

SUZANNE said...

Though I LOVE seeing photos of your cute kiddos, I have a special request: MORE PICS OF YOU (and the hubby) PRETTY PLEASE! Thank you very much. :)

Shannon said...

We love dirty kids at the dunes! It was fun to have you guys there. Rock on, Helmet Heads!